1 kg Lobster Paste
½ cup Tomato Paste
1 tbsp Fennel Seed
6 L Water
9 oz Red Onion
½ oz Ginger
1 oz Garlic
8 oz Fennel
8 oz Tomato
½ tsp White Pepper
30 g Lemon Juice
3 oz White Rice
¼ cup Brandy
½ cup 35% Cream
- Put the first four ingredients in a sauce pot. Cook at a simmer for 1 – 1 ½ hours. The liquid should reduce by 1/3. Strain the liquid through a mesh strainer or chinois.
- Take the remaining 4 L of stock and set it aside.
- In a wide based pan with roughly ¼ cup cooking oil or butter sauté onion, ginger, fennel and garlic on medium heat. Once the vegetables start to soften add the tomatoes and allow the tomatoes to cook out and break down.
- Once the tomatoes are coating the rest of the vegetables add your brandy(optional). Allow the alcohol to cook and then add your rice, pepper, and lobster stock. Cook at a light simmer until the rice has softened.
- Add small increments to the blender and buzz for one-two mins on high. When the liquid is hot there is added pressure, be careful of this when using the blender.
- Pass the bisque again through a fine mesh strainer.
- After all the ingredients have been buzzed, passed and put into a fresh pot, return the pot to the heat and once again bring the liquid to a simmer.
- Whisk in the cream and the lemon juice, season with salt and enjoy.
4 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories537
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Total Carbohydrate
- Protein 54g 108%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.