- Appearance: Attractive, high quality product that is designed for food service and industrial food processing applications.
- Colour: Very distinctive and natural orange-reddish lobster colour
- Odor: Characteristic lobster odor
- Texture: Proprietary formula and process delivers a very functional, fine emulsified concentrate.
- Applications: Soups, chowders, bisques, sauces, dressings, pates, fillings, spreads, dips, ready-to-eat meals or where seafood flavour is required in hot and cold applications.
Physical, Chemical and Functional Characteristics
Description: Concentrated culinary base, emulsified lobster concentrate. This product is 100% natural and designed for use in food service and industrial processes.
Ingredients: Lobster and lobster stock. This is a Natural Product that contains no artificial additives, preservatives, flavour enhancers, stabilizing agents or colouring agents. Product is free of tomalley and any undesirable components. See nutrition chart.
Raw Material and Nutrition Facts: Sourced from the best quality lobster harvested from the pristine waters of both the Northumberland Strait and the Gulf of St Lawrence in Maritime Canada.
Quality and Food Safety: Concentrate is produced in a CFIA HACCP Recognized Federally Registered Seafood Plant that was BRC Certified in 2014. Process Support include a rigid HACCP Plan, Raw Material Specifications, and Strict Process Specifications.
Storage Requirements: Frozen product that must be stored at -18°C or colder.
Application: Natural and inexpensive source of explosive lobster flavor and color.
Functionality: The product is designed to provide 100% pure concentrated lobster flavor. Application suggestions include:
- Start with a concentrate between 5% and 10% of the total liquid volume in the batch.
- Mix concentrate in when liquid is warmed to 60°C (140°F) for warm and hot applications such as soups, bisque etc.
- For frozen lobster concentrate, thaw before adding to cold applications such as dips, spreads etc.