Lobster Mac and Cheese
This Lobster Mac and Cheese will add a splash of Atlantic Lobster to this classic dish for a touch of class and a delicious meal
Write a review
1 hr 30 min
1 hr 30 min
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 436
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 50g
Saturated Fat 30g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 3g
Monounsaturated Fat 14g
Total Carbohydrates 55g
Dietary Fiber 3g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 1 (16 ounce) package elbow macaroni
- 1 (2 pound) lobster, split
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 10 black peppercorns
- 2 cups milk
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 5 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 pound shredded Gruyere cheese
- 3 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup grated Romano cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons panko bread crumbs
- 1. Fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring to a rolling boil over high heat. Once the water is boiling, stir in the macaroni, and return to a boil.
- 2. Cook the pasta uncovered, stirring occasionally, until the pasta has cooked through, but is still firm to the bite, about 8 minutes.
- 3. Reserve about 2 cups of the hot pasta water, then drain the pasta in a colander set in the sink, and rinse with cold water to cool. Set aside.
- 4. Return the pasta water to the large pot, and place the lobster halves in the pot, cut-side up.
- 5. Return the water to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and steam the lobster just until the meat firms and turns opaque, about 3 minutes.
- 6. Remove the lobster and allow to cool for a few minutes, then remove the meat and cut into bite sized pieces. Reserve the shells.
- 7. Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a saucepan over medium heat.
- 8. Stir in the onion and cook until the onion has softened and turned translucent, about 5 minutes; scrape the onions into a small bowl and set aside.
- 9. Place the reserved lobster shells, garlic, shallots, peppercorns, and milk into the saucepan. Bring to a gentle simmer over medium heat, and cook for 20 minutes.
- 10. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- 11. Melt 5 tablespoons of butter in a saucepan over medium-low heat.
- 12. Whisk in the flour, and stir until the mixture becomes paste-like and light golden brown, about 10 minutes.
- 13.Strain the milk through a mesh sieve.
- 14. Gradually whisk the milk into the flour mixture, and bring to a simmer over medium heat. 15. Cook and stir until the mixture is thick and smooth, 10 to 15 minutes.
- 15. Stir the Gruyere, Cheddar, and Romano cheeses into the thickened milk mixture until melted and smooth.
- 16. Season to taste with salt and pepper, then stir in the reserved lobster, onions, and macaroni. 17. Pour the macaroni into a 4 quart casserole and smooth the top. Sprinkle evenly with the panko crumbs.
- 18. Bake in the preheated oven until the sauce is bubbly, and the top is golden brown, 8 to 12 minutes.
Royal Star Foods https://royalstarfoods.com/